Sam: An IntroviewBack to Blog
Sam Puglise-Kipley started with Whitehouse back in 2003, moved to NYC in 2007 and became an editor shortly thereafter. He has sparked inspiration in everything from space exploration to laundromat dance sessions. We are super excited to welcome Sam back to the windy city and we invite you to get to know him better with the below introview.
1. When did you first decide you wanted to become an editor and why?
The first time I hooked two VCRs together and made a compilation of Ren and Stimpy cartoons, it was like a choose-your-own adventure book with moving pictures and I was in control.
2. What is something that inspires you?
Vacation. I love to travel so when I visit a new place / city / country I learn something new or observe people or culture in a new light. It allows my view of the world to constantly evolve…. and try new things to eat!
3. How do you take your coffee?
In the largest cup I can find.
4. Who is someone that you admire and why?
Frank Lloyd Wright, he would never take no for an answer no matter how crazy people thought his designs were. He would prove them wrong and find a way to complete his vision.
5. What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
Not using please and thanks, life is too short for us to be rude to one another.
6. Now that you’re moving to Chicago, are you going to abandon the Giants for the Bears?
I have always been a life long Bears and White Sox fan, although I have a big spot in my heart now for the Giants and Mets.